Thank you all for a great 2014!
Wow... is all I can think to say. We had so much fun this year. This year was the first year doing a farmers market and we had a blast every Saturday. Interacting with our customers was a delight each week. We look forward to being there again next year. We out grew our walk-in freezer and poured a new concrete slab and put up a new freezer three times the current size. We brought our first lamb to market and the response was overwhelming. Our farm is being visited by more families daily and that excites us. Our family is enjoying getting to know each and every one of you more. The Lord has blessed us tremendously.
So what's next? With triple digit growth each of the last three years and the demand still larger than our ability to supply we need your help. We are asking anyone who will be interested in investing with generous terms in our business to contact us. It may be many small or a few large investors.
A few things the money will go towards:
- egg layers- we never have enough eggs to supply all of you.
- an updated brooder- so we can do more meat chickens at a time.
- a hoophouse- a winter house for laying chickens, pigs and a quicker start to our vegetables
- Retail store- to finish the farm store
- Livestock dogs- we lost over 100 chickens and turkeys this year due to raccoon's and coyotes. We did not have enough dogs to split up. Last week we lost our main livestock dog.
- Fencing- we need to fence in 10 acres that we use for chickens so we can have a dog guarding the chickens and turkeys
We thank you for your consideration. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email. If you know of anyone who might be interested, please forward this email.
Your local farmer,
David's Pasture, LLC