Blackberry season is almost over, but before it ends.....you've got to try this barbeque sauce. It's super simple and tastes great on dp pork chops :-) .
Blackberry BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 /4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- Add blackberries and chicken stock to a medium pot over high heat and bring to a simmer. Cook until blackberries start to break down, about 6-7 minutes.
- Mash blackberries well in the pan. Then let the blackberry mixture cool a bit and add to a blender. Blend well.
- Press blackberries through a mesh strainer to remove seeds. Add sauce back to pot and bring back to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add other ingredients to the pot and continue to simmer until sauce is really thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Season BBQ sauce with salt and brush it on chicken or pork. Works great on the grill or roasted.
Thank you Macheesmo at tablespoon.com for an exciting sauce!